The Self Funding Conference® is your reliable source for trends and innovations in self-insurance and claims management. For the seventh year in a row, the Self Funding Employers Association (SFEA), an employer-based non-profit trade association focused on self-insurance and workers compensation, is proud to bring you the premiere event in the industry. The Self Funding Conference® is the leader in providing employer case studies that address the key pros and cons and best practices in self-funding insurance.
The Growth of Self Funding
Over the last decade, more and more employers have been moving away from offering group health insurance to their employees and instead, self-funding their medical plans. When companies become self-funded, they assume the majority of the financial risk of providing health benefits to employees. Instead of paying premiums to a large insurance company, they pay claims filed by employees and healthcare providers.
The self-funding industry has seen growth since the passing of the Affordable Care Act. Companies can avoid many provisions in the law by insuring their own employees, rather than signing up with commercial insurance companies. Companies also retain more of their healthcare data, which is essential to creating an efficient wellness program.
LEADING IN SELF FUNDED EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT
- Access to over 100 influential speakers including leading employer groups sharing insights into innovations in self-funding and benefit plan design
- Over 10 successful employer case studies in self-funding
- Complete the Self Insurance Certified Specialist® (SICS) certification program live-in person, and ask the instructors questions
- Earn up to 14 SPHR re-certification credits and 12 continuing education credits for licensed insurance professionals with content approved in all 50 States
COLLABORATE WITH YOUR PEERS AND LEARN FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Some of our past speaker faculty include:
“The speakers are leading employer groups that are really paving the way in employee benefits. I was blown away by the variety of topics being covered and the high caliber speakers featured!”
-Michael Susi, Global Wellness Manager, LinkedIn
Historically larger corporations primarily were becoming self funded. The ACA created powerful incentives for smaller employers to self-insure and as a result, we’ve seen a growing trend of smaller and mid-sized employers now opting out of the regular health insurance market to avoid the minimum coverage standards established under the ACA.
THE SELF FUNDING CONFERENCE® WILL ADDRESS:
- ACA’s Effect on Self-Funded Plans
- Innovative Plan Design
- Narrow Networks
- Workers Compensation
- Specialty Pharmacy Benefits
- Stop-loss Insurance
- Value-Based Benefits
- Cost Containment & Cost Strategy Methods
- Utilization of Care
The Self Funding Conference® is fully integrated with the Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress (EHBC), one of the largest employee benefits and healthcare events in the world.
The EHBC’s mission is simple. We provide intense, advanced education through successful and practical case studies presented by the world’s leading healthcare and insurance experts. As an innovative and passionate industry leader, our pursuit is to energize opportunity and increase professional advancement.
Join the 2017 Employer Healthcare & Benefits Congress, October 2 – 4 in Los Angeles. as it delivers the most comprehensive insurance & benefits conference and tradeshow.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR CONGRESS EXPERIENCE
- The only Plug & Play Agenda in the industry
- 100+ Speakers and Sessions with 3+ days of educational conference tracks
- 6+ unique conference tracks to select content for your business: Healthcare Reform Conference®, Corporate Wellness Conference®, Voluntary Benefits Conference®, Self Funding Conference®, Global Benefits Conference®, Health Insurance Exchange Conference®, Corporate Fitness & Nutrition Conference®, and much more
- Onsite networking: one-on-one meetings with true partners and business prospects