Jones Lang LaSalle
I am a millennial that has worked at a couple of different companies that had very different cultures. I worked for a progressive young company that hired people right out of college and had a relaxed casual atmosphere and benefits that appealed to all millennials. I have also worked for an “Old-School” steel company that was very much stuck in the past and was not successful at adapting to hiring a younger generation. I was an inside sales representative for both of these positions and the combination of the two jobs gave me a great insight into how different two companies can be.
I left a career in sales in order to pursue my Masters in Public Health where I focused in the area of corporate wellness. While I was in school I worked part time for a small corporate wellness firm that provided companies with biometric screenings, flu-shots, health fairs and weight loss challenges. The timing of this job was perfect because I got experience working in the field while I was studying all the theories in the classroom. The reason I gravitated towards corporate wellness while I was getting my Masters in Public Health was that as Americans we spend so much of our lives at work and therefore improving health through the workplace is a powerful tool. After getting my MPH I took a job at a large Commercial Real Estate company and am a part of a small team that heads up the companies Well-being initiatives. I enjoy having a large population to assist in their path towards good health.
My position at JLL is as a Well-being Specialist. I plan and implement wellness programs and health promotion events around the country.
- I run a network of over 250 Health Champions
- I create training programs for people who will run events like biometric screenings and activity challenges
- I administer our companies Fitbit program
- I promote health topics in offices throughout the country
- I work with our social media platform to promote health and well-being
- I administer events such as; biometric screenings, healthy cooking demo’s, weight loss programs, health expo’s and other wellness activities
- I assist in fostering a culture of health throughout JLL
- I assist in implementing a broad communication plan on health related topics