Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, Kenya
Gordon Otieno Odundo, MBA is an experienced health services manager and leader in the healthcare industry in Kenya. Gordon combines his global professional and personal background to the health sector and offers leadership in the delivery of appropriate programs and services. Gordon has designed and led interventions focused on improving the effectiveness of the health sector, organizations, departments and individuals. His work involves him being the principal organization leader and ensuring financial stability of the organizations he has worked in. This involves work with individuals, groups or whole health systems to promote collaboration and resolve conflict. Gordon has in his career in the hospitality industry worked with diverse and intercultural clientele having also worked in the hotel industry for many years and received both local and international training.
Gordon has more than 15 years’ experience as a top executive in the health sector and 11 years as a senior executive with internationally reputable hotel groups. Gordon is presently Chief Executive of Gertrudes Children’s Hospital. During his appointment as CEO the Hospital has won many awards for excellence, some in the nursing sector, and others in management both of the hospital itself and in the areas of financial clarity and transparency, corporate citizenship all awarded at a nationwide level. Gordon participates actively in many professional and industry association’s .Gertrude’s, thanks to his guiding hand is now a one-stop hospital for all matters pediatric and is a recognized center of childcare excellence throughout the Sub Sahara region.
The focus of his work includes:
- Directing the overall operation of the hospital and its satellites
- Establishing strategic plans and achieving the hospitals short-term and long-term objectives
- Directing and coordinating formulation of financial programs
- Representing the hospital to major external authorities and constituencies
- Improving the hospital system’s image and relations with patients, providers, employees, and the general public.
- Executive staff performance and evaluation
- Masters of Business Administration, United States International University, Nairobi Bachelors of Science Hotel and Restaurant Management, United States International University Nairobi
- Postgraduate Certificate in Hospital Management Leeds University Nuffield Institute of Health, Leeds UK
- General Management Certification, Holiday Inn University, South Africa
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Kenya Utalii College, Nairobi
- Sales and Marketing Diploma, Association of British Executives UK
- Member Institute of Hospitality, UK