Jim Mattison is Market Vice President, Broker and Market Development, for Aflac Incorporated. In this role, Mr. Mattison is responsible for developing sales strategies to support Aflac’s field force in acquiring new accounts through relationships developed with national and regional brokers, achieving targeted sales volume, maximizing market potential, and helping design and implement market sales strategies for Aflac products.
Prior to joining Aflac Mr. Mattison was Vice-President with Marsh Global Consumer. In that role he developed solutions for large employers (5,000+ lives) with voluntary benefits.
Jim began working in the insurance industry in 1980 in the employee benefits arena. During his years of experience, he has worked both on the retail and carrier side during this time. He worked for both The Guardian and The Hartford as a regional manager. In addition, he has been involved in several TPA businesses. Jim’s experience includes:
- Marketing of a large employer and understanding all aspects of employee benefits offerings
- Securing an endorsements from large associations
- Overseeing large a books of business in excess of 100 million
- Developing regional territories and increasing sales penetration
- Working and developing sales representatives
- BA, San Diego State University
- Certified Continuing Education Instructor in California
- GBDS (Group Benefits Disability Specialist) Designation, National Underwriter Company
- Licensed in Health and Life, P&C
Voluntary Benefits, TPA Administration, sales and marketing