Katie Kirkland is the Director of Health & Benefits at Southern Company. She is a fully credentialed actuary with over 14 years of experience in benefits consulting. Prior to her work at Southern Company, Katie spent 11 years as an actuary consultant for Health and Group Benefits at Towers Watson. Today she helps lead the team responsible for rolling out the sleep management program at Southern Company.
About Southern Company
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 46,000 MW of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries. Operations include nearly 200,000 miles of electric transmission and distribution lines and more than 80,000 miles of natural gas pipeline.
The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and nationally recognized provider of energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications.
Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, the company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers.
Our distinctions as a business:
- Top military employer, named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine
- Among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity, listed by DiversityInc
- One of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity, listed by Black Enterprise magazine
- Top Employer for Hispanics, listed by Hispanic Network
- National Award of Nuclear Science and History, awarded by the National Atomic Museum Foundation
- Ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World’s Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings