Hub International Insurance Services Inc.
Sibyl Bogardus provides compliance and consulting services regarding health plans and other employee benefits. Her areas of expertise include federal and state health care reform, ERISA, cafeteria plans, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, and compliance with Internal Revenue Code requirements for favorable tax treatment of benefits. Sibyl is a frequent keynote speaker on health reform and medical plan design trends. In December 2013, the House of Representatives invited Sibyl to testify on health reform impacts to their Small Business Committee in Washington, D.C. She currently serves on an IRS Advisory Council for the Gulf Coast. She is a widely-published author on employee benefits, tax, and labor law issues. Sibyl also has given interviews for radio, magazines, and newspapers on the ADA, human resources, legislative activity, and related issues.
Sibyl received her undergraduate degree in history from Duke University, ’85, cum laude (History), and her J. D. from Washington University, ‘88. She has 25 years of employee benefit law experience.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the American Benefits Council for five years
- Chaired an American Benefits Council committee that commented on the proposed HIPAA regulations to the federal agencies
- Member of the Society for Human Resources Management FMLA Advisory Council
- 100 Leading Women in the insurance industry by Business Insurance (October 2000)
- 25 Most Influential Business Women by the St. Louis Business Journal (July 2001)
- Editorial Advisory Board of Benefits Quarterly, a publication of the International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS)
- National Meat Association Annual Conferences (2012 & 2013)
- Building Service Contractors Association (BSCAI) (2012 CEO conference Costa Rica Keynote and member webinars 2012)
- Black Box conference (2012 Dallas)
- Member: Tax Exempt / Government Entity IRS Advisory Council Gulf Coast (Since 2011)
- DMEC Annual Conference Keynote (2011)
- Louisiana Primary Care Association Keynote (2013)
- Urgent Care Association of American (Board of Directors 2013 meeting and Annual Conference 2013)
- SHRM Acadia Annual Meeting (2012 & 2013)
- PHIRA Irvine (2012)
- Women’s Network Health Conference Keynote (2013)
- CUPA Utah Chapter (2011-2013 annual meetings)