S.I.G. Consulting Resources, LLC
Stuart Slonin entered the insurance industry in 1972. Specialized in Group Benefits. Developed several marketing systems for Self-Funded MSA’s, Section 419 Trusts, The Road Map Health Plan, The Benefits Wheel, and Renaissance Captive Solutions. Has been an author, a writer, a CE instructor and a marketer of Employee Benefit Group programs.
Entered the insurance industry in September, 1972. Became the national sales leader in life insurance in his second year, with Protective Life. Next, he concentrated on educational Growth including:
- Xerox Sales Training.
- Completed the full range of LUTC courses.
- Completed the R&R Newkirk courses in Benefits, Financial Planning & Estate Planning.
- Next, he completed the Certificate Series in Group Benefit Planning at the International Foundation of Employee Benefits, in Brooksville, Wisconsin.
In completing these steps, he decided to specialize in the Employee Benefits field. He broadened his knowledge to include the International and Reinsurance Marketplaces during the 1980’s. Became one of the first 25 agents in South Florida to attain the RHU designation in 1983. This newly acquired knowledge led to his representation as a corresponding Lloyds of London broker in May, 1987, as well as working with Reinsurers at the Miami Insurance Exchange. This led to his developing an International Disability program for the International Division of a Miami based Life Insurance Company (American Banker’s Life).
Educational growth led to a series of important career opportunities including:
- Chosen to head the Financial Services Department for a Miami Savings & Loan. (Chase Federal S&L).
- Started providing Self – Funding programs for employer groups in June, 1981.
- Became the V.P. for Group Operations for the oldest Worker’s Compensation Fund in FL. (The FCCI in Sarasota). Designed one of the first Self – Funded managed care programs in the country (The Keep Well Health Plan) and combined it with Workers Compensation to provide 24 hour coverage.
- Established one of the first Employee Leasing companies on the West Coast of FL. (Horizon Employee Leasing in Bradenton, FL – 1985, the 9th chartered company established by state statutory law at the time).
- Has represented and worked with 8 TAFT Hartley Plans across the country since 1992.
- Developed the first approved insurance course for Medical Technicians & Paramedics in Florida in 1975 and taught those courses through 1980. (Medical Arts Training Center).
- Developed a benefits delivery system called The Benefits Wheel in 1996, and updated it in 2016 (this was published in Life Insurance Selling).
- Developed the Super Trust (an IRS Section 419e Welfare Benefit Trust Program) for employer groups of 5+.
- Developed the CBC (Chartered Benefits Consultant) designation program, and taught it for the first time in Chicago in August, 2000 – 2004. This program combined training in Medical Savings Accounts, Funding Accounts, and Self-Funding).
- Developed the Road Map Health Plan in 2008, an Employee Benefit delivery system combining both Statutory and ERISA plan coverages.
- Has been a Guest Speaker across the U.S. since 1980. Has taught Continuing Education for insurance agents in Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Minnesota, and New Jersey since 1993.
- Industry positions have included: (A) A founding Director of DAHU, (B) A past V.P. of BAHU, (C) Chairman of the Federal Affairs Committee for NAHU in 1986 – 89, (D) testified before the Kennedy / Waxman Subcommittee on national health care issues in 1989, and (E) was the founding V.P. of the National Association of Alternative Benefit Consultants in Chicago in 1989.
- Has written extensively on employee benefit topics in industry publications over the years: The Health Insurance Underwriter, Florida Trend Magazine, The Florida Underwriter, The Miami Herald, The Sun Sentinel, The South Florida Business Journal, Broker’s World, Life Insurance Selling, The Agent’s Sales Journal, and the National Underwriter. Wrote a book entitled: The Agent’s Guide to Medical Savings Account Programs, which was published in February, 1997.
- Has been a frequent guest on the America’s Healthcare Challenge Radio Show (News Talk Radio 1290 KOIL) since 2014. Developed the Open Enrollment Benefit Series for the show which runs from August – December each year.
- Developed the Employer Specialty Marketing Program through S.I.G. Consulting, Ltd. (which was established in September, 1981). This activity continues today, as new problems and new opportunities surface in the marketplace.
- Developed the Renaissance Captive Solutions program in 2013 for Large Employer groups of 51+, and released it to the marketplace in November, 2015.
- S.I.G. Consulting, Ltd was consolidated into a new entity: S.I.G. Consulting Resources, LLC on June 14, 2017 to provide for expanded activities both domestically and internationally. These additional activities will take divergent pathways early in 2018.