Voluntary Benefits Association Advisory Board Announced
PRLog (Press Release) – Jun 06, 2011 – The Voluntary Benefits Association (VBA), the only national non-profit trade association for the Voluntary and Worksite Benefits industry, has announced its Advisory Board. The goal of the association is to work with employers, insurers and agents and to promote the education, implementation and enrollment of Voluntary Benefits in the workplace. Jason Krouse, Chairman of the VBA, believes, “The VBA will play an important role at a very critical time as many employers and insurance agents shift focus to Voluntary Benefits as a necessary part of their long term benefits strategy.”
Within the Association, members work on initiatives to grow the voluntary benefits industry, increase communication in the workplace amongst employees, share best practices and to foster an atmosphere of education and engagement with voluntary benefits programs. The VBA’s mission is to foster the expansion of the growing marketplace, address the latest trends, and interpret research analysis and educate.
Voluntary Benefits Association President, Rob Shestak affirms, “The Voluntary Benefits Association’s focus on educating employers on enhancements in voluntary benefit products and enrollment technologies will be a game-changer for the industry.” As part of its tenet of education, the VBA has a monthly publication called the Voluntary Benefits Magazine, www.VoluntaryBenefitsMagazine.com .
The Chairman is Jason Krouse, Vice President of Specialized Markets for Univers Workplace Benefits, and the President of the association is Rob Shestack Managing Director, National Sales Leader Employee Benefits Business, Marsh U.S Consumer.
The Voluntary Benefits Association will be having its 3rd annual National Voluntary Benefits Conference in Chicago, Illinois, October 26-28th, 2011. http://www.voluntarybenefitsconference.com
Current Board Members Are:
Pani Tademeti, Human Resources Manager Total Compensation, Office of State Personnel, North Carolina
Bob Trujillo, Program Director Human Resources, American Bar Association
Warren Benoit, President, Benoit & Associates
Jim Davidson, President, EOI Service Company, Inc
Steve Farish, Senior Vice President Worksite Voluntary National Practice, Wells Fargo Insurance Services
Jeff Brown, Chief Marketing Officer, Colonial Life
Annette Dowdle, RHU, Senior Vice President National Employee Benefits Executive Team, HUB International Gulf South
T.J Gibb, Vice President National Practice Leader, Humana Specialty Benefits
Jeff Hyman, Vice President National Accounts & Specialty Markets, Aflac
Jim Christenson, Director of Workplace, Emerson Reid & Company
Jason Krouse, Vice President Specialized Markets, Univers Workplace Benefits
Rob Shestack, WBC, Managing Director, National Sales Leader Employee Benefits Business, Marsh U.S Consumer
The Voluntary Benefits Association Mission:
• To raise awareness of the important advantages of Voluntary Benefits for employees and plan members
• To provide a reliable source of information, statistics and research data on Voluntary Benefits for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
• To create a central point for communication and networking for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
• To perform research and surveys in the area of Voluntary Benefits.
• For the Voluntary Benefits industry to come together to find more efficient and effective ways to educate, implement and enroll Voluntary Benefits.
• To reduce the costs for members of the association in enrolling or administering their voluntary benefit programs through group purchasing power.
• To work to find new systems, technologies and methods that create more effective enrollment and stronger employee and plan member participation in Voluntary Benefits.
• To identify new voluntary benefit insurance plans and products that the VBA’s employer and affinity group members wish to be created and work with insurance companies to create these needed projects.
For more information on the Voluntary Benefits Association please contact us through email at [email protected]
Voluntary Benefits Association
1128 Royal Palm Beach Blvd
Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411